I think that it's universal that we never realize the value of the 'present' unless it becomes the 'past'. We take it for granted that the present is given to us and we whine and complain about it. It s not that i turned a philosopher overnight, but its just that I am very nostalgic now a days. I crave for things which i had taken for granted in my yesterdays. But you cant help it. You can never get it back...the past, once gone, is gone.
What prompts me to write this much gibberish is the visit of a friend from college. It was a very short meeting but it renewed the warmth of friendship in me. It also opened up a treasure box of memories. School and college life gives you so much freedom. Nobody expects you to behave like adults, nobody expects you to understand things that you dont understand. Its like wearing a burkha... you can see everbody and nobody can see you, and you can always ask these wierd funny questions.
I really miss my schooldays. we used to enjoy so much and yet we thought that we were suffering like hell. The same was the case with my College. We had a smasher of time and my friend's visit brought so many fond memories. I ransacked old files to find tokens and found an interesting one, the picture of a rattle snake. I took it when my friends and I went for a little walk near the lake. It was a magnificent animal with golden yellow scales. Some of us shrunk back but for people like it was a rare sight to be captured. It was a fun moment and a hair raising adventure for a bunch of girls.
I am in love with that place, my hometown and that beautiful lake. I am in the mood to sing " country roads, take me home... to the place , I belong...
1 comment:
Hola..
I 've been out of gReader for some time and all of a sudden too many blogs to read....btw ..another good one...:-) ..keep bloggin...
One more thing , In all your blogs there is a shadow of unhappiness...please try to come out of that....;-)
/Carpe diem
/Anzy
Post a Comment