Sunday, April 27, 2008

Aap agar in dino yahan hote ...


I was sitting in the library near a window preparing for the exams on Friday. I opened a music site and searched for something randomly and just bumped into to this song by Jagjit singh and Gulzar. Recently I had come across a reviewer who said that he loves gazals but not jagjit’s for the reason that all his songs sounded the same. But I would ask him a question. “Where else exactly would you find songs that soothe your pained heart?” Jagjit presents to you a masochistic pleasure by reminding what you have lost, what follies you committed and gifts you with daggers to prick your own heart.


I was listening to this song and exactly at that moment, I saw a father carrying his baby daughter on his shoulders and crossing the road. My thoughts returned to my greatest loss, my father.


It is a year since you are gone and I am far, far away here in another part of the world. But I still see you everyday and talk to you as you help me to cross this busy road.


Aap agar in dino yehan hote … Hum Zamin par bhala kahaan hote…

2 comments:

amitnme said...

The blog title brought me to ur post (m an avid JSingh fan!)
and then found the deep emotions penned here...
Quite a thoughtful person and keep writing!

lakshmy said...

Thank you very much for the comments though I saw it very late